Advance notice: February 20-21, Brisbane, Australia
Global Acute Care Excellence forum: Ensuring safe passage for frail and vulnerable adults across the hospital continuum.
iNAC and The University of Queensland will host a special 2-day forum in Brisbane on February 20-21, 2017 to explore issues around hospital care for patients with major functional and psychosocial problems. A range of local and international speakers will bring a variety of perspectives to the discussion.
Plenary sessions and interactive symposia include the following topics:
- Building accurate efficient assessment and care planning systems
- Making use of "frailty" measurement in the hospital setting
- Age-friendly emergency departments
- Optimising medication management in hospital
- Creating assessment systems across the hospital - community interface
- Appraising quality: Quality Indicators across the hospital continuum
- Re-engineering inpatient care for frail and vulnerable patients
- Hospital avoidance strategies
- Reaching out with telehealth
- Performing nurse assessments at admission with the new interRAI Acute Care system
- Software demonstrations
To register interest, visit: http://aceforum.com.au